- What if those were my grand-kids dying in Somalia?
- What if I had no water or food?
- What if my children didn't have a clean, modern hospital like CoxHealth available?
My heart breaks for these people, this seems so unfair. It is too horrible for words. I turn away when this is covered on the news, it hurts to watch. What a shameful thing to do, this is happening whether I watch or not. Yes, I gave a small bit of money, but that seems such little of a thing to do. Sharing my thoughts via a blog is helpful to me only.
CNN salutes everyday heroes, I want to salute two of their reporters who are true heroes, Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta. These young men go into the field to give the world a detailed report of disasters as soon as possible. (I call them "1st responders") They give a human face to the suffering. CNN has a list of ways to "Impact Your World".
Yes, I know there are problems all around. Yes, I know. But what if?:
- What if instead of giving to political champions, everyone would give that money to a charity?
- What if we who are active in social media stopped worrying about "klout", what is the newest "gadget", number of followers, etc and started thinking of helping others?
- What if we stopping posting negative comments and only did positive ones?
- What if everyone on Twitter and Facebook gave just one dollar to a charity of their choice?