I posted this on my blog Elder Generation, thought I'd share with all my friends here too.
I am proud to be part of “Elders For Health Care Reform Day on August 20” http://timesgoesby.net On that day there will be a list of bloggers across the cyberspace world blogging about the subject of Health Care Reform. Each of the bloggers will write about their own experiences and their own opinions.
I have posted about this subject the last week, please read them below. This post is a brief, but heartfelt commentary on my opinion of Health Care Reform debate going on now.
* Everyone should have access to the best health care possible and at an affordable cost.
* The high cost of health care can be controlled, as can fraud in Medicare and insurance claims.
* While I am proud to be an American with freedom of speech, the shouting at rallies and town hall meetings scares and embarrasses me.
* It is time for change.
What can I do? There are many small things and one very important big thing that I can do. The most important thing I can do is to study the issues and understand what is truth and fiction.
Everyday things I can do:
* Vote and support positive thinking people who believe in “Health Care Reform
* Live as healthy as possible, which means eating healthier and exercising.
* Continue to blog and support people with arthritis. Arthritis is a Journey
* Continue this blog for the “Elder Generation”
Stay tuned, this list will grow.